Tuesday 27 September 2011

a-z of me

Just stumbled across a cute blog and saw this, thought how fun, you can all know a little bit more about me!

Age: 24
Bed Size: Double
Chore you Hate: Vacuuming - can't stand the smell and takes a lot of effort
Dogs: Yessss! My little Jack Russell Terrier Patch
Essential start of your day: Sunlight!
Favourite Colour: Depends I guess. Wall colour, natural/beige. Furnitures: white/cream! Tends to go for pastel cute colours.
Gold or Silver: mmm a bit of both!
Height: 5' 3
Instruments I (used to) play: Piano, Violin
Job Title: umm not defined. lol.
Kids: One day
Live: Gloucestershire
Motto?: Live life.
Nickname: Cookie, Jaybug, Jaybum, Fooey
Pet Peeve: Ridiculously slow drivers, people who brake at every bend, trucks & tractors before 9am.
Quote from a movie: does a quote from a trailer count? from the new film - 'Seriously, its like you're photoshopped!' lol I want to watch that film! I don't watch a lot of movies and I tend not to remember quotes or lyrics
Right or left handed: Right
Siblings: 2 older brothers
Time you wake up: Well alarm at 6, then 6.30, should wake up at 7 but eventually gets up at 7.30am with 15 minutes to get ready before dashing out the door
Underwear: cute ones
Vegetables you dislike: can't think of any
What makes you run late: SLEEP!! anything for the extra 5 minutes! Im trying to be good so do any of you have any good tips on getting up in the morning?
X-rays you've had done: None
Yummy food you make: Apple cake, lemon drizzle cake, thai green curry ...
Zoo animal: ooh pandas, chimpanzee, monkeys, tigers, lions, giraffes, elephants ... I am an animal lover!!! I also loves whales, and weirdly, mammoths!

Here are a few more:

1. I used to be able to speak 6 languages fluently, unfortunately it's now down to 4 but hopefully I'd be able to pick them up again quite easily when I need to *fingers crossed

2. I love gardening. Please don't unfriend me!! Seeing things grow and eating fresh with 0.1 food miles makes me happy! I am a bit of a granny, cooking programmes are at the top of my favourites list.

3. Im obsessed with hearts! I have a lot of them too - jewellery, luggage labels, soft furnishings, kitchen wares…check back later for more detailed posts about all the hearts I have!

4. Travelling is a big part of my life. I don't mean spending money on booze and then recovering the next day on the beach sun-baking (although nothing wrong with it if its your thing). Travelling for me is really getting to know the people, culture & customs, history, food, language etc. It's about leaving the maps behind, little or no planning and just getting lost in backstreets & little lanes. If it was up to me, I'd spend a couple of months (or years lol) in each place! I have been very lucky to have lived in Japan & Malaysia and spent some time in NZ and OZ as well as mini breaks to various other places. Keep checking my Travel Log for more travel posts!

5. I'm quite a content person - if things aren't going my way you will rarely find me complaining because I tend to just embrace how things decide to turn out. I believe there's always a reason as to why things are the way they are. Life is short so if it's raining, grab your wellies and go jump in the puddles!

6. Umm… I have a dog, his name is Patch and he is one of the most most most important things in my life ever!!! He is a little Jack Russell Terrier, bit grumpy, small dog syndrome, biiiig softie inside that loves nothing more than cuddles, kisses, blankets and being cosy! When I was packing for Japan, I turned around and found him getting warm & cosy in my pile of clothes in the luggage lol :p I wished I could have packed him along with me!

7. umm...I'm a crazy sentimental! I keep every little thing like little notes, old tickets, letters, clothes that no longer fit…I find it hard to throw things away!


I'd love to know more about you too so tell me fun facts about yourself & link by commenting! Hope you're all enjoying the last of this glorious weather, on my next post I'll talk about a wedding of an old friend's I went to recently, I'm sure you're all familiar with Amy from Amy Antoinette!

x

6 comments:

  1. Jack Russell Terriers are some of the cutest puppies ever!!!! :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG your dog is the sweetest thing!
    Four languages is still pretty impressive, and I definitely adore your style of travelling, too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Francesca.

    Aw thanks he is a little bit of a cute :) Hope you hit follow as I'll have lots of adventures coming up soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun getting to know you better. I love this a-z game.

    xx
    Liz Lizo
    VOGUED-OUT

    ReplyDelete